- Rapid screening: The Ames II assay comprises the frameshift strain TA98, and TAMix, consisting of 6 histidine auxotrophic Salmonella tester strains, TA7001-TA7006. Each of these mutants can be reverted only by a specific transition or transversion, so that all possible base-pair changes can be detected by TAMix. TA98 and TAMix may be used for mutagenicity screening because they indicate both frameshift and base-pair mutations. The TA700x tester strains are not included among the recommended tester strains in the current, formal test guidelines. The Ames MPF 98/100 detects a similar mutational spectrum but contains the traditional Ames tester strains TA98 and TA100. These kits are only available with strains in liquid media and are shipped on dry ice. Strains must be stored at -70°:C upon arrival.
- 10 Vials Liquid TA98 (frameshift mutations).
- 10 Vials Liquid TA Mix (base-pair substitutions).
- 10 Vials Ampicillin.
- Growth Media, Exposure Media and Indicator Media.
- Reagents provided are sufficient to analyze in up to 8 individual e x periments at least 10 compounds in triplicate at 6 concentrations as well as zero dose and positive controls. This equals a total of 480 measurements per strain.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Certificate of Analysis (COA)